Wednesday, June 25, 2014

No Admittance Except on Party Business

Sometimes I look back on the days that were so much simpler and easier--my "olden" days--and they were easier, but I didn't know it at the time just how much. Everything that I thought really mattered probably didn't really matter that much. But the people. The people in my life did matter, and everything I learned from laughing and crying, and living--with them.

With Kayla, we definitely laughed. And we definitely cried. One time we were working on a project in her basement and I laughed so hard I seriously thought I would die of not getting enough air and crying at the same time. There might have been some glue involved in making our poster, and whether that had an effect or not, we may never know. But that is one of my favorite memories of our friendship.

We've eaten enough graham crackers and frosting together to feed a small army. We've probably watched every girl movie ever made while eating the graham crackers and frosting. And we survived high school, somehow.

This month, she got married to a man incredibly head over heels for her. I always called her princess Kayla, but that day, she truly was. I cried as I saw the absolute happiness on the face of the man who now calls her his wife. And we laughed as I held up all the layers of her dress while she used the restroom. I'm still laughing thinking about it.

I didn't do the florals for her wedding, but I made a few items for the ceremony and reception. Including this sign, inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien of course. My soul is complete when I get to create.

Isn't she lovely? I'm taking every chance I can get to practice my photography. Especially with my beautiful friends. Love you Kayla! Congratulations once again on your new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment